We are hiring!
Join the SSS interiors team in Grand Rapids, Michigan location (must be local).
Position: Junior Designer/Studio Manager
Yes, that is two positions rolled into one because we are a small firm that purposefully wants to stay small and treat each project with extra special care. We are all about the end goal of creating great work and not about hierarchy; we all wear many hats and are looking for someone with the same “no job is too small” attitude to join our team in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
We are looking for someone with industry knowledge, at least 2 years working at an Interior Design studio. We are looking for someone that is down-to-earth, a positive thinker, has great communication skills, is extremely organized, detail-oriented, and design-obsessed. This is a part-time contract role with growth potential.
Responsibilities will include (but not limited to)
• Project management, design support and administration during the execution of design concepts assisting senior designer and sarah sherman samuel
• Tracking, ordering, and processing purchase orders.
• Drawing of custom furniture pieces
• Organizing and managing sample library
• Work closely with senior designer and sarah sherman samuel on all phases of design through installment, including CAD drawings, sourcing, procurement, and scheduling.
• attend on-site, and video call meetings, taking notes
• communicating with clients and vendors
•Developing technical documents, including specification packages and finish, fixtures, equipment, hardware, and plumbing schedules.
• Work with the team to create presentation boards
• 2+ years of Interior Design Experience
• Bachelors degree in Interior Design or related field
• Proficient in AutoCad, SketchUp, and Adobe Suite
• Knowledge of design requirements, construction methods, and materials for high-end residential projects.
• ability to multi-task
• did I mention you need to be extremely organized
• must be great at follow through
To apply, please email email@example.com and include your resume, portfolio.